ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains furnaces, air conditioners, and air compressors as necessary.
- Maintains building, performing minor and routine electrical servicing and other related maintenance activities using hand and power tools.
- Maintains, repairs and rebuilds mechanical items on all presses, as knowledge and available equipment allow.
- Performs minor electrical repair on all presses.
- Maintains, repairs and rebuilds welders, tappers, and other production equipment, as knowledge and available equipment allow.
- Installs and maintains piping systems for water, air and electrical conduit.
- Performs iron or steel fabricating work or sheet metal work, as necessary.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, cut-off saws, band saws, and arc and acetylene welding equipment or other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Assists in the set up of or making of fixtures for welders, tappers and/or other production related equipment.
- Makes simple gages for inspection department as required.
- Repairs lift trucks, floor scrubber or sweeper as necessary.
- May order general supplies for the maintenance department or solicit quotations for miscellaneous building repairs, as necessary.
- Maintains log on all presses and perform preventative maintenance duties to support company PM program, including changing oils and other lubricants, filters; checking pressures, switches and buttons, cords, hoses, and other press equipment and supply systems; repair and maintains sprayer systems including fixtures, hoses, connectors, etc.
- Performs daily safety checks on all presses and equipment to assure MIOSHA compliance including guarding, safety blocks, light curtain systems, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
- Maintains organization, orderliness and cleanliness in the maintenance department on a continual basis.
- May be requested to travel to other operations on an as needed basis to perform same as above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
At least a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.)
At least three years experience performing maintenance or other skilled trades type of work, i.e., tool & die, electrical work, etc., in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
MIOSHA fork lift drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.